Reset Recipe: F-Factor's Healthy 20/20 Waffle
- Written By:Tanya Zuckerbrot
I love this recipe. It’s become a go-to for breakfast for me, and it’s a great reset recipe. For one, it looks and tastes like you are indulging in such a decadent, off-limits breakfast treat, but it’s actually healthy, light and can actually help you to lose weight. The recipe yields two large, fluffy waffles, that pack in 34g of protein and 20g of fiber, for just 255 calories and 3g net carb.
The combination of fiber and protein aids in weight management, as they’re the two nutrients that keeps you feeling full, for the longest period of time, on the fewest calories. The fuller you feel after a meal, the less likely you’ll be to overeat at the next meal; and, therefore, the more likely you’ll be to lose weight. The low net carb helps to put your body in a position to burn fat for fuel.
This recipe has such amazing nutrition because its made with F-Factor 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder. This powder combines 20g of organic fat-fighting fiber with 20g of organic muscle-building protein.
Serves 1, 1-2 waffles per serving
2 scoops F-Factor 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder (any flavor)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 egg whites
- Turn waffle maker on to heat.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Once waffle maker is ready, coat both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Pour half the batter in (so waffle maker is 1/2 – 3/4 full) and follow directions on waffle maker to cook waffle to desired doneness.
- Remove waffle from waffle maker and repeat step 3 until all batter is used. Serve warm.
These waffles can be dressed up with different toppings and flavors to make completely different meals! Use in place of bagel with cream cheese and lox, top with fruit or mix in PB2 powdered peanut butter for a nutty flavor.
*Tanya Zuckerbrot MS, RD, is a Registered Dietitian in private practice in New York City and the Founder of the popular F-Factor Diet.)