Recipe: Vanilla Collagen, Chamomile & Rose Hip Latte
- Written By:Carla Contreras
There is nothing like relaxing at the end of the day with a cup of tea. When I feel like I need an extra treat, I blend 1/4 cup EVOLUTION_18 Smoothie Milk in with my tea. My favorite combo is a chamomile and rose hip tea. I like to put in a tablespoon of edible rose petals on top (you can also blend them in) when I’m feeling fancy. Here's how to make my favorite tea.
1 chamomile tea bag
1 rosehip tea bag
1 tbsp. dried edible rose petals, plus more for garnish, optional*
1 1/2 cups of boiling water or suggested temperature on tea bags
1/4 cup EVOLUTION_18 Smoothie Milk, warmed*
- Brew the tea, per the bag instructions with the rose petals, using 1.5 cups of boiling water. Drain the tea bags and keep the rose petals in.
- Add the Evolution_18 Smoothie Milk and dried edible rose petals to the blender.
- Add the tea to the blender and make sure the lid is on tight. You can always place a dry, clean tea towel on top of the lid while it blends too. Blend on low for 15 seconds, and then on high for 30 seconds. Be extra careful when blending hot liquids. Always start on low.
- Pour in a big mug, toss a few extra rose petals on top, take a deep breath, and enjoy.
*If you don’t have EVOLUTION_18 Smoothie Milk, you can use 1/4 cup warm plant-based milk plus 1 tablespoon EVOLUTION_18 Overnight Vanilla.
Chef Carla Contreras is the founder of the online cooking school Cook+Chop. She competed on season 12 of Chopped! on Food Network. She is Nutritious Life Certified, a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a food stylist, and photographer with a stacked culinary resume.