Recipe: EVOLUTION_18 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Written By:Carla Contreras
Cookie dough is something that I crave from my childhood. It’s one of the first recipes that I mastered, but raw eggs plus raw all-purpose flour isn’t the best for your gut. Try this instead. The secret is soaking the cashews overnight. You can form this into balls or keep in a jar like I do and eat it by the spoonful.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water
1 scoop EVOLUTION_18 Overnight Vanilla
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup large coconut flakes, like Bob’s Red Mill
1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate chopped. You can find chocolate chips with little or no sugar. You can also find 100% chocolate bars.
- Put the cashews in an airtight container with enough room to cover them with 1 cup of filtered water. Place on the counter or in the fridge overnight for up to 24 hours. For the fast version, soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cashews, and then place into a food processor along with the EVOLUTION_18 Overnight Vanilla, almond flour, large coconut flakes, and sea salt.
- Process until the dough forms a ball about one to two minutes on high.
- Gently take out the blade and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into small balls or store in a jar. Use a small ice cream scoop to get them into perfect ball shapes.
- Lasts up to three days in the fridge or up to one month in the freezer.
Chef Carla Contreras is the founder of the online cooking school Cook+Chop. She competed on season 12 of Chopped! on Food Network. She is Nutritious Life Certified, a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a food stylist, and photographer with a stacked culinary resume.