Recipe: Double Chocolate Protein Donuts
If you're going to indulge, you might as well make it good for you too. RASA founder Mia Rigden's Double Chocolate Protein Donut recipe features EVOLUTION_18 Afternoon Chocolate, a complete protein source with essential vitamins and minerals, for an added nutrient boost.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 scoops EVOLUTION_18 Afternoon Chocolate whey protein powder
- 3 organic, pasture raised eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (+ more for greasing the pan)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
Using a whisk, mix almond flour, cacao powder, EVOLUTION_18, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk and coconut oil until fully combined. Make sure coconut oil is not too hot, or it will cook the eggs.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix using a wooden spoon, spatula or stand mixer until fully combine.
Add dough to a piping or Ziploc bag. If using a Ziploc bag, cut a small hole from one of the corners once the dough is inside.
Pipe dough into donut pan, filling it about 2/3 of the way up. Makes 16 mini donuts.
Bake for 15 minutes or until bouncy to the touch.
Flip donut pan over onto drying rack. The donuts should pop right out. Let cool before adding the glaze.
To make the glaze, melt chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave or create a bain marie by placing chocolate and coconut oil in a heat proof bowl over a simmering pot of water. Stir with a wooden spoon to ensure chocolate and coconut oil are fully combined.
- Once the chocolate is melted and the donuts are cool, dip the top of a donut into the melted chocolate and place back on the cooling rack, glaze side up, to harden. Repeat until all donuts are glazed, and enjoy.
Time: 30-40 minutes