Recipe: Baked Apple & Tahini Porridge
- Written By:Rachel Simons, Seed + Mill
We love this healthy (and beautifying!) breakfast recipe from our friends at Seed + Mill using EVOLUTION_18 Relaxing Vanilla! Make it this week for your Thanksgiving guests, or file it for a winter morning.
200 ml milk (or substitute almond or coconut milk if looking for vegan option)
300ml boiling water
50g toasted hazelnuts (or almonds if preferred)
50g raisins (substitute with chopped dates or dried apricots if preferred)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
3 tbs Seed + Mill Tahini (plus extra for drizzling)
- 2 tbs EVOLUTION_18 Relaxing Vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F
- Place the oats in a bowl with the boiling water and raisins and leave for 10 minutes, until the oats are soft.
- While the oats soak, peel one of the apples and grate on a box grater. Once the oats are soft add the grated apple to the oat mixture, together with the cinnamon, honey, milk, tahini and EV_18 powder.
- Stir everything together. Transfer the mix into a small baking tray.
- Slice the second apple into thin slices (we use a mandolin for this without removing the apple core). Arrange the apples on top of the oat mixture. Sprinkle a touch more cinnamon and scatter the nuts across the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the apples are starting to crisp up.
- Serve warm with an extra drizzle of tahini!