Recipe: Almond Rhubarb Bars
- Written By:Rachel Simons, Seed + Mill
We asked Rachel Simons of Seed + Mill to whip up another tahini-based recipe that incorporates EVOLUTION_18. Here's her take on Almond Rhubarb Bars. The best part? They are gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan and delicious!
For the Crust:
1 cup oat flour
1 cup rice flour
1/3 cup honey or date syrup
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Almond Rhubarb Filling:
2 cups toasted almond slivers (ground in a food processor once toasted)
1 tablespoon oat flour
2 tablespoons EVOLUTION_18 Overnight Vanilla
2/3 cup honey or date syrup
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lbs rhubarb stalks
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a 9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and then spread evenly in the baking pan, allowing the mixture to cover 1" of the side of the pan.
- Bake for 10 mins and then allow to cool slightly while preparing the filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients (except for the rhubarb) in a bowl and spread evenly over the top of the crust.
- Lay the rhubarb stalks over the filling arranged in any pattern you like.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, lift the parchment paper out of the pan and place on a flat surface.
- Cut into bars or squares.
These will last for several days in an airtight container.