Recipe: A Grown-Up Hot Chocolate
- Written By:Carla Contreras
Drinking a cup of hot chocolate is magic! It has the power to bring back memories. This is a grown-up version that’s packed with protein. Feel free to keep it simple or play with optional add-ins like a shot of espresso. Try this practice the next time you make a cup: hold both of your hands around the mug and take a deep breath. It’s one of my favorite ways to relax as I sip and savor my hot chocolate.
- 1 cup of milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1 scoop of EVOLUTION_18 Energizing Chocolate
- 1 scoop of EVOLUTION_18 Relaxing Vanilla
- 1/16 tsp. salt, the smallest pinch
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 small scoop of probiotic coconut cream
- 1 square of dark chocolate, finely grated
Whisk all ingredients together in a small sauce pot and heat until warm. You can also heat the milk and place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on low for 30-seconds. Note: Be careful to have the lid on tight, so you don’t get burned.
Chef Carla Contreras is the founder of the online cooking school Cook+Chop. She competed on season 12 of Chopped! on Food Network. She is Nutritious Life Certified, a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a food stylist, and photographer with a stacked culinary resume.