Chef Carla's Cashew Collagen Smoothie Milk
- Written By:Carla Contreras
Meet Cereal Milk's rich, healthier cousin. I am love with Milk Bar in NYC. I used to live a block over from the store in Williamsburg and I dream of Cereal Milk. This recipe is my own take on Christina Tosi's recipe. Feel free to play with the nuts and try blanched almonds or raw macadamia nuts. You can use this thick (almost milkshake-like milk) in your tea lattes (I blend them) or you can also drink this straight-up!
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water
1 scoop EVOLUTION_18 Relaxing Vanilla
2 cups filtered water
1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Put the cashews in an airtight container with enough room to cover them with 1 cup of filtered water. Place on the counter or in the fridge overnight for up to 24 hours. For the fast version, soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cashews, and then place into a high-speed blender.
- Add the water and scoop of EVOLUTION_18 Relaxing Vanilla, blend on high for one minute.
- Drink straight-up or make a tea latte.
Makes about three cups. Lasts up to two days in the fridge.
Chef Carla Contreras is the founder of the online cooking school Cook+Chop. She competed on season 12 of Chopped! on Food Network. She is Nutritious Life Certified, a Certified Holistic Health Coach, a food stylist, and photographer with a stacked culinary resume.